For booking contact email@example.com or click here
On Tuesday the 5th March at 7pm the MBAF will host an online journal club. Participating attendees will earn one type two CEU.
Participants will be required to prepare in advance of the event by reading two of the five journal articles listed below. During the event, participants will be asked to give a brief presentation and answer questions on their selected articles. The event will be facilitated by Alan Tennyson BCBA. If you have any difficulties finding the selected articles, please get in touch and we can help.
A link to the online meeting room will be sent to registered participants.
Number of Type 2 CEU’s: 1
Attendance Procedure: A maximum of 8 participants will attend. Priority will be given to members of the forum and assigned on a first come, first serve. Sign in and Sign out with active participant responding and a feedback questionnaire.
Total Event Fee per participant: €5 to MBAF members, €15 to nonmembers.
Event is designed for: BCBA-D, BCBAs & BCaBAs
Event Level: Intermediate / advanced
Learning Objectives for participants:
- Participants will read 2 of 5 selected journal articles published in Behavioural Intervention or ABAI addressing ethical behaviour.
- Participants will present their selected articles.
- Participants will be asked to provide a critical appraisal (identifying any methodological or conceptual limitations) of their selected articles.
- Participants will be required to identify the principal ethical position adopted by the author and discuss if this is congruent with the BACB Guidelines for responsible conduct for behaviour analysts
- We recommend that participants review the https://www.bacb.com/wp-content/uploads/BACB-Compliance-Code-english_181218.pdf prior to attending
Articles were selected based on year of publication and number of citations.
Pastrana, SJ., Frewing, T., Grow, L., Nosik, M., Turner, M. & Carr, J. (2016)
Frequently Assigned Readings in Behavior Analysis Graduate Training Programs. Behav Analysis Practice (2018) 11:267–273
Fong, EH. & Tanaka, S. (2016) Multicultural Alliance of Behavior Analysis Standards for Cultural Competence in Behavior Analysis. International Journal of Behavioural Consultation and Therapy 2013 Vol. 8 N.2
Newman, B., Reinecke, DR. & Kurtz, A. (1996) Why Be Moral: Humanist and Behavioral Perspectives. The Behaviour Analyst 19, 273-280
Schreck, KS, Karunaratne, Y., Zane, T. and Wilford, H. (2016) Behaviour analysts use of and beliefs in treatment for people with Autism: A 5-year follow-up. Behavioral Interventions 31: 355–376
Schreck, KS, & Miller, V. How to behave ethically in a world of fads. Behavioral Interventions 25: 307–324 (2010)