The Division of Behaviour Analysis in Ireland has established a working group on the creation of a Behaviour Analytic Society of Ireland (working title).
The working group are in touch with Neil Martin, Director of International Development with the BACB. Our discussions with Neil are progressing well, and we are addressing;
1) Extending the availability of testing to Irish applicants
2) Accessing the BACBs support to establish a representative body for BCABs in Ireland
The working group intends to;
1) Form an organisation that represents BCBAs in Ireland
2) Establish Behaviour Analyst as a recognised professional qualification in Ireland
3) Align with international organisations representing BCBA
We are making progress on these fronts. However, it is vitally important that Irish and Northern Irish BCBAs become involved in this process.
As the process unfolds, there will be votes on the direction of this new organisation.
Not being involved at this stage will mean that your voice goes unheard at this critical time. Now is the time to come together and secure the future of our profession.
Please circulate to all the BCBAs you know.